ANZAC - Realism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please enjoy our servers and our forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziggy

Ziggy

CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE Empty
PostSubject: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:55 am

http://www.gamingcfg.com/configs/day-of-defeat-source

a website with dod:s user configs posted from around the world.

(ps:- might pay to check them thoroughly first before using in game, open with notepad)

Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:13 am

Better ones: http://www.dods-configs.com/configlist/

The only two good configs I see on your page are Alone and RiN.

On mine you can get Zg, Korsakov, Michiiii, Nuker, Tomsku..

Anyway, I wouldn't really suggest using them unless you know what you're doing. There's an autoexec and a config. The config will change your key bindings. And the autoexec may aswell but it will also change other settings you may not want changed.

A different config won't make you a better player.
Back to top Go down
Lord Conan

Lord Conan

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:23 am

I agree Wranger but if yuou dont have a super Computor like yours and Motleys I have found different Autoexec do help in giving toy better fps and better reg

Hence why I collect them, and Wranger mate you havent sent me yours yet lol chill36@msn.com if you fancy sending me them Smile

Regards

LC
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:47 am

wranger wrote:
Better ones: http://www.dods-configs.com/configlist/

The only two good configs I see on your page are Alone and RiN.

On mine you can get Zg, Korsakov, Michiiii, Nuker, Tomsku..

Anyway, I wouldn't really suggest using them unless you know what you're doing. There's an autoexec and a config. The config will change your key bindings. And the autoexec may aswell but it will also change other settings you may not want changed.

A different config won't make you a better player.

yes wranger, but it will help bullets that should be hitting to actually hit.
Back to top Go down
Nova.

Nova.

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:37 am

If they're not hitting you're doing it wrong
Back to top Go down
Lord Loki

Lord Loki

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:45 pm

I've lost count of the amount of times I've shredded someone with gunfire on screen, but had only half or less of the hits reg. But shit happens. Just means I need to make sure I'm ambushing them instead of getting into a back and forth spamfest.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Nova. wrote:
If they're not hitting you're doing it wrong

you're opinion means 0 to me Nova.
Back to top Go down
Lord Conan

Lord Conan

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:44 am

Novas opionion is of note ziggy he does knwo alot about the game and has helped me with my configs he is also a personal friend.

Nova mate thanks for you constant help mate

Regards

LC
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:06 am

Lord Conan wrote:
Novas opionion is of note ziggy he does knwo alot about the game and has helped me with my configs he is also a personal friend.

Nova mate thanks for you constant help mate

Regards

LC

I did not say his opinion does not count, just that what he said in this thread does not count to me, I recognise a pisstake when i see one.
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:53 pm

nova cheats. the end

Now back on topic. CFG's don't make or break reg or the computer itself. If you put it down to the wire, it's how the server is configured. NOT how the client is. And as far as Australian net speeds, there's not much you can do.

For best all round reg, change these in your server cfg:
sv_mincmdrate 67
sv_maxcmdrate 67
sv_minupdaterate 67
sv_maxupdaterate 67
sv_minrate 20000 (or 25000)
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_client_min_interp_ratio 0
sv_client_max_interp_ratio 0 (as alot of people seem to think 0 lerp stops dragback around corners)

There, everyone will have the same settings. Everyones net will be able to support those settings. That will make everyone equal and I guarantee you won't be able to do anything to stop the bad reg.

As for not having a super computer, then you should be changing settings in your multiplayer menu. Not in a cfg. If you grab some randoms config and it makes your screen weird, you're not going to know what to change. Stick to the multiplayer options menu.

Congratulations. I just schooled you all in DoD-netcode 101 in under 100 lines.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: lerp   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Cheers for that Wranger Smile

however, client side lerp does make a difference to hitboxes I believe (so it's good if everyone sets it correctly on their client according to their bandwidth)

this vid explains what the interp (lerp) setting does (please correct me if it's wrong or out of date)

I think the stock standard default is usually cl_interp 0.1 (100 lerp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1OqFVlgGp8

I could only conclude after watching this that if you're internet (as in my case) is not the best, then setting lerp to 0 is probably a bad idea.

ps: this comment ftw! lol!

Zero lerp is server side - they set a command so you can use a 0 lerp and have it remain white. So, for the most part, no pubs will have this set correctly.

Even with that logic, use a garand.

adamsherring in reply to isdochwayne(Show the comment) 3 years ago
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:18 am

That video has been passed around for ages. It also predates the orangebox (Hence the use of cl_interp_all)

Someone made a good formula a while ago about what peoples lerp should be set at (based on their average ping and updaterate). But it sort of dissappeared. If you look through those cfg's, you will probably see that some of the euro players play on 100 lerp on purpose because of the diversity of pings they're versing; they found it to be a better 'sweet-spot'.

There's no right and wrong answer. But if you really want everyone to be equal, just force 0 lerp on everyone. I play anywhere between 0 lerp and 44. 100ms lerp is only 0.1 of a second. It's really not that much in live time.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:33 am

Cheers for that, mr bounce it's good to finally be able to understand about how that whole thing works. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE   CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CONFIGS FOR DOD SOURCE
Page 1 of 1