ANZAC - Realism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please enjoy our servers and our forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spawn Camping!

Go down 
+6
HarryHoudini
Nighthawk
Lord Loki
NZNidhogg
wranger
Sullo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:48 pm

HAI GUIZ!

Being in the server tonight and listening to some ANZAC member whinge about someone "shooting into spawn" I thought...being the the nice helpful guy I am...I would help educate you guys on where spawn is! Here we go!

Spawn Camping! 1BGpK

Spawn Camping! EZpXf

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:51 pm

I'll give you free internetz. Lol but yeah so true
Back to top Go down
NZNidhogg

NZNidhogg

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Sullo you have been around too long to listen to that rubbish... lots of people whine about it when they don't know.... also the ping differential between when you do something and they see it or a nade that goes off just as they hit the top of spawn wall... just ignore it, but please complain or seek help if you think the admins have handled the 'so called' spawn shooter the wrong way Smile

Thank you for your input as you are a valued player on our servers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm

A good post Nid thank you.

However it is not in my nature to run and get an admin to deal with it Razz I tend to blow up and cause issues which is lollies for me Very Happy This particular time it wasn't me, and I am not fond of the person who was accused either.

This post was for two reasons. One, because I am a smart ass and I tend to be a little condescending in a very light hearted manner, BUT! Mainly to educate people.

A lot of people still suffer from what I call "WAD Syndrome" and just need to learn things. Hopefully people will see this and know which is which Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord Loki

Lord Loki

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

WaD syndrome?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:03 am

Whinging About Dying?
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:16 am

Lord Loki wrote:
WaD syndrome?

Allow me to elaborate.

With the influx of "casual clans" or "fun communities", they are all modeled on the same principle. Which in theory is fine. BUT! When you have a group of people that don't understand something, and they make rules about it...it is quite ridiculous. You see this effect nowdays with "shooting into spawn" and "shooting off spawn walls" and "apologising for tks".

While nading into spawn should be and is illegal, anything else goes. If you see a person jumping over the spawn wall, shoot. If you want to prone on a spawn wall, fine (useless move but ok). As long as you don't throw a nade in there its fine. Aplogising for tks while mannerly really isn't necessary. Why? Because I realise that any team mates who kill me don't really mean too. You can tell the ones that mean it.

I could go on for quite a bit but I won't. I am sure you get the gist.
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:29 am

Haha, I must agreee with you there Sullo.
I think that appologising for a TK should be more of an etiquette thing. Being kicked for an accidental TK and not apologizing is silly. Generally typing my appology or saying sorry generally gets me killed so I wait until I die (but by then I'm scalded for not saying it quick enough). I remember back in sCr, Austin kicked me because I appologized in team chat and he couldn't read it because he was on the other team. And kicked again because I appologized in TeamSpeak instead of ingame. It hasn't happened yet in ANZAC but there's always the posibility.

I think it causes more dramas than it is actually worth. But that's just my opinion. People usually say sorry anyway even without it being a rule, just because they know they were in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
HarryHoudini

HarryHoudini

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:58 am

Sullo
I take your point but I disagree with you. TK and then apologising is the same as accidentally knocking the Bikies beer off the bar table. You didn't mean to do it wasn't done as a planned activity but you want to acknowledge that you made a mistake and difuse any potential ill feeling. Apologising honestly takes less than 3 seconds. If you are so worried about being killed in that time I would question why you are on a social server and not on a professional one?? But as always you are entitled to your opinion

my 2 cents
Harry
Back to top Go down
http://www.anzacdods.com/
Medicate

Medicate

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:10 am

I would say spawn ends at the top of the wall on the left
Back to top Go down
Nova.

Nova.

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:00 am

He's on a social one not a 'professional one' because its the only server with players besides wad
Back to top Go down
NZNidhogg

NZNidhogg

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:39 am

Sullo wrote:

While nading into spawn should be and is illegal, anything else goes. If you see a person jumping over the spawn wall, shoot. If you want to prone on a spawn wall, fine (useless move but ok). As long as you don't throw a nade in there its fine. Aplogising for tks while mannerly really isn't necessary. Why? Because I realise that any team mates who kill me don't really mean too. You can tell the ones that mean it.

I could go on for quite a bit but I won't. I am sure you get the gist.

I agree with this adding a proviso that spawn isn't camped by mg's. Shoot someone as they are coming out and you are running past, or if you are coming out and the enemy runs past. I'm hoping that this will be the view taken by the board when they decide on how we admin our servers when it comes to spawn so we don't have to waste our time adminning spawn shots.... it's really tiresome. It may take some time for players to get use to it, but I think it's about improving gameplay and skill.

as for tk's I agree that 90% are totally accidental, but it keeps a friendly atmosphere when apologies happen and it is a social server Smile
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:12 am

HarryHoudini wrote:
Sullo
I take your point but I disagree with you. TK and then apologising is the same as accidentally knocking the Bikies beer off the bar table. You didn't mean to do it wasn't done as a planned activity but you want to acknowledge that you made a mistake and difuse any potential ill feeling. Apologising honestly takes less than 3 seconds. If you are so worried about being killed in that time I would question why you are on a social server and not on a professional one?? But as always you are entitled to your opinion

my 2 cents
Harry

I understand that you disagree and lets just say that we have a better chance of getting a brick wall to do a back flip before we change our stance (mainly because I am right). This is generally the part where I would dissect your post, bit by bit. Pull apart the things that are silly to me and wait for you to respond so I can to do it again.

I'll leave it at this. I don't particularly care if I get tk'd or not. Someone else might and have a whinge...either way I don't particularly care. If I tk someone I generally laugh and tell them that I am not sorry (jokingly) because its funny.

Your point about being on a social server (directed towards Wranger) doesn't even warrant a response. I cannot and will not have that conversation again. No doubt you would be of the opinion its a private server as well. This is another part of WAD syndrome that is annoying to me. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Helen

Helen

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:52 am

I got around the apologizing quickly by binding a quick apology to a nearby key. If they're a talker, I say sorry, if they're a typer, I hit the key and write out a more sincere apology when I next die, which in my case is usually not long after. :p

I agree that saying sorry for a TK really is more of a manners thing but like 'hats off inside' and 'phones on silent' people do sometimes just need a friendly reminder that manners count. Most of us know its an accident, but a quick sorry, even if it is insincere, just defuses a lot of tension. It helps keep those with shorter fuses from retaliating and stops things escalating. It is amazing what one quick word can do. Smile
It also just makes it a more friendly place, which is the whole point of social servers. :p

Just a ladies 2 cents. Smile

ps - Sullo, those pictures at the top and the first few comments made me laugh so much! XD I like your style. :p
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:59 am

Helen wrote:
Ips - Sullo, those pictures at the top and the first few comments made me laugh so much! XD I like your style. :p

All points taken and quite correct.

Also the pictures served their purpose then Razz
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Putting aside everything mature in this post. All i can say is helen and sullo sitting in a tree.

My medicated 2cents :p
Back to top Go down
Helen

Helen

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:16 pm

You're just jelly cause the view is better. :p
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

Medicate wrote:
Putting aside everything mature in this post. All i can say is helen and sullo sitting in a tree.

My medicated 2cents :p

Are we stuck up there like kittens?
Back to top Go down
rusty

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:23 am

Gr8 call Sullo!

Honestly the amount of players that complain loudly over spawn issues even though they usually have no idea where the spawn actually is. An auto mute button should be made for these times. TBH I havent encountered this problem much on Anzacs servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spawn Camping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Camping!   Spawn Camping! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn Camping!
Page 1 of 1