mr_fantastic

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 am

Meekster wrote:
iCEaNGEL wrote:

You can't fight stupidity so don't even try, let's just play and have fun Smile

Well said ICEaNGEL!!!

Regards,
Meekster

Completely agreed! I've been following the thread and both side's make valid points. But I think that by focusing so much on how WaD and its members bring the game down we inadvertantly sour our own experiences. I'm not saying lets just ignore what WaD members have done in the past but lets shift our focus to how great our community is and what an awesome job our Members are doing! I know im regurgitating what others have said but it think its worth mentioning again. Lets not dwell on the past, but acknowledge & learn from their (WAD's) mistakes so we never make them ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iCEaNGEL

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am

Sullo... ahaha... kinda knowledgable but i didn't know the information about Oldfart taking over whilst Whopper was out injured although i remember the accident. It's all a blur lol! Whopper was ok, Severance was an idiot.

1. I don't remember Oldfart making NDW... For some reason i thought it was snowy?
2. Didn't the clan they start, start with an S or something... it was like 4 letters long.
3. I remember oldfart back in the days of WPHBWSS server and he was a nice guy.. I miss Chucky!
4. WAD did go through a few names. I cannot remember them.

I remember they accused me of stealing the funds for the server [CAC] (as i had just started my own) and i still have the conversation with Whopper/Severance/Oldfart from that long ago, actually accusing me.... When i updated my computer i was going through what to save from old hard drive and found heaps of chats... I had a good giggle. I have been reminded of this conversation previously but in a different perspective. i have the chat and know how it went. I didn't steal the funds, i was actually paying more for the CAC server than anyone as it had to be paid and others weren't contributing. I then thought, well i'm spending this much, might as well make my own... which i did, and had the same issues from certain people that Anzac is having, saying things behind the scenes and spreading non factual information, hense i left dod, uninstalled steam and stopped gaming at all. Bought a new computer and my son installed steam for left for dead and it caught my curiousity, as to if anyone still played.

To be honest i was quite surprised to come back to DODS after 3 years of having it uninstalled, that this person was still involved with servers and had a "following". After the events of the past in the dod community, i'm astounded. it's amazing how people can misrepresent themselves to new gamers who weren't around back then.

I don't go along with the WAD killing 1.3 thing though, i believe that was the uR competition and also Coach. But that's just my opinion. It was also a game that was out for many years and ALL games eventually die. Source has only been around about 4 years, it will eventually die, (dod lasted a good 8 yrs) so a few more years of good gaming. Source never completely took off though, not like 1.3. That community was like no other.

Day Of Defeat: [49th] iCEaNGEL, -=!SD!=- iCEaNGEL, -WAR- iCEaNGEL, FnL^iCEaNGEL
Day Of Defeat: Source: |Ð| iCEaNGEL, iNaG. PiXiE™️
2001 - Present
Female Gamers - FTW
!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlfieNorks

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I will try and fill you in with the past to answer some of the gaps you missed , but like you said Ice so much was going down in those days my first clan was CNTZ in 1.3 where i met the likes of OF and AJ . i was kicked out of CNTZ for spawn killing (it used to be fine back then) but not if I had the snipe Smile) i think OF left some time after and NDW came about with Daddy Cool and his son Notmee and 1 other (cant remember) were the seniors along with OF doing the behind the scenes stuff , well to cut a long story short because of shall we say "Centrelink" reasons OF handed the keys over to Daddycool (big mistake) within like 5 mins OF was kicked out and perm banned LOl well at that time I wasnt too happy with the way OF was treated and myself and Hackii left the clan sticking up for OF . well it was ME and OF that started Wad why OF still says it was him is beyond me ? anyway the early wad was awesome until Mr drinkalot got worst and i found myself spending more time peace keeping to members than playing the game because of OF's drunken BS night after night . Then wad through Motley setup a scrim team for members interested and was going great guns and i remember won their first season in . well OF and now AJ decided that thats no good because we dont have a say in that ????WTF i said leave Motley alone things are great ...NOPE we want this we want that ...ahhhh fuck this ... I left Wad pissed off with the way OF wanted to run things even though I was incharge (go figure) well within 4 days of me leaving Wad 47 of its members came over to what was ScR and for a long time the same shit that is stiring now was on big time , and I too was and I believe still am acused of "spending " Wads money FFS
well I cant remember any Wad members that didnt get their money back ?? when I left so wtf , anyway this story could go on and im sure its a good read for some , as for me its all a broken record of the same ol ... yes im fucking over it , setting up this Anzac comunity is the best thing i have been a part of for a long time .and Harry ,and Hackii and I the rest of the Directors hope you ALL enjoy the ride

cheers Alfie_Norks = John

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 12:24 pm

And we Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarryHoudini

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Ok enough Soap Opera............lets Game

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anzacdods.com/
Meekster

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 3:02 pm

HarryHoudini wrote:
Ok enough Soap Opera............lets Game

Indeed.....

John as always, you have my respect...

Regards,
David
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themole82

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 pm

John as always, you have my respect... thats why l follow u though out the shit

p.s u for got scrim motly and feral hahah it sad to say OF made alot of ppl loose the love for the game
p.p.s when is the next h/day lmfao rofl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YES

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am

DODS killed 1.3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am

Whopper wasnt a bad bloke i agree icey. the clan formed was ADHD. I remember the history as have been here through it all. may not keep up with those players whom change their aliases. but I do remember the history. I agree WaD contributed to death of 1.3 but I dont believe it was the sole reason. no one man could kill that community. as icey said it was unlike any other. there were alot of contributing factors. And as time has passed things have changed, people have changed, and times have changed. I agree with Mole(cant believe i said that) but we should be rising above this hatred and not allowing ourselves to start down the same path. let us focus on what anzacs have brought to community and continue to enrich it. leave the failings of others to them. we need only focus on that which we can control. our success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 am

also who is this YES character. pops outta nowhere with no intro and makes bold statements
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Conan

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

I think dod 1.3 was destined to die after dods was released natural order of things, the clsn i created in uk [OAP] was a dedicated dod 1.3 clan with 80 odd memebers had to make a choice play 1.3 and die of change to dods.

The main thing here is that we have a great community supported by public players and ANZAC members we now have a place where we dont have to be bullied into playering in a certain way yes we have rules but they are very simple, yes we have admin who admin in a way not to disrupt the game and look big.

The prrof in the pudding is We are Number 1 in Australia 46 in the World WaD are a distent memory that get worse evey week Oldfart is tryingto as usual to stir shit well he now has got a reaction hope he is proud of his self.

For us business as usual lets all enjoy the community we play in

Regards

A very Happy LC

Thank you to all

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Muhahahahaha......etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziggy

PostSubject: no point in this, let's live in the present?   Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 am

might i suggest just locking this thread. Sleep

edit: ah ok i see his post was just removed. lol!

+ R.I.P Day of defeat GPforums +

Let me dream of mad relief, making love on the heath, tearing off tights with my teeth.

best 1980s N.Z Speech ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHTziiFVx0

best 90s remake of a 70's song ever

original:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw
remake:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGCmnE8_8yU

without a doubt the worst you tube video ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhv7tD8M0qo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr_fantastic

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 8:13 am

Ziggy wrote:
might i suggest just locking this thread. Sleep

edit: ah ok i see his post was just removed. lol!

Seconded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlfieNorks

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    Wed May 16, 2012 11:35 am

Agree Locked TY those who posted Sleep

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned from WaD    

Back to top Go down

Banned from WaD