Please enjoy our servers and our forum
 
HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Ping Limiter on the servers

Go down 

Should we get a ping limiter plugin? (this poll is set for 7 days)
Yes?
Ping Limiter on the servers I_vote_lcap62%Ping Limiter on the servers I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
No?
Ping Limiter on the servers I_vote_lcap38%Ping Limiter on the servers I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26
 

AuthorMessage
Ziggy

Ziggy

Posts : 124
Points : 157
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 44
Location : Petone, Wellington, NZ.

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:44 am

i suggest some means of preventing people with ridiculously high pings from connecting to the servers. (perhaps 300 or higher)


+ R.I.P Day of defeat GPforums +


Let me dream of mad relief, making love on the heath, tearing off tights with my teeth.

best 1980s N.Z Speech ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHTziiFVx0

best 90s remake of a 70's song ever

original:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw
remake:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGCmnE8_8yU

without a doubt the worst you tube video ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhv7tD8M0qo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:33 am

I disagree. This will not accomplish anything. American servers do that and frankly they easy to get around
All you have to do is mask ping "cl_cmdrate +50" for example and server reads the ping at like 5. Evrn tho players ping may be higher. So i see this a pountless task as wont change affect on server
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:46 am

No one ping masks anymore. So it will work. If people ping masked, there would be more 5 pingers on your server. I've only seen about two (if that)

The issue seems to be that your sv_region command is set to 5 (Australia), but the server isn't picking up on it and is currently set to -1 (Global/Any). This is why non-Australians are joining your server. Thats what needs to be fixed.


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
FLOPPER



Posts : 12
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-17

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:48 am

Please - as no one seems to want to boot people with >200 ping for some reason
Back to top Go down
SnOwY

SnOwY

Posts : 12
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-27

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:09 am

its proberbly a good idea to get a ping kicker so people over 250 are removed from your server.....

that way you don't end up with russian kids mic spamming in non english talk !!! Very Happy


Ping Limiter on the servers Siggy
Ping Limiter on the servers Snowyfriend
Back to top Go down
rockenrolla

rockenrolla

Posts : 212
Points : 293
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 26
Location : Melbourne

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:33 am

lol


Anzac 4ths Multiple Games
Back to top Go down
http://www.anzac.nstars.org
Raddar

Raddar

Posts : 20
Points : 28
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Portland Victoria

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:00 am

SnOwY wrote:
its proberbly a good idea to get a ping kicker so people over 250 are removed from your server.....

that way you don't end up with russian kids mic spamming in non english talk !!! Very Happy

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RaddarGaming?feature=mhum
Ziggy

Ziggy

Posts : 124
Points : 157
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 44
Location : Petone, Wellington, NZ.

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:24 am

Nighthawk wrote:
I disagree. This will not accomplish anything. American servers do that and frankly they easy to get around
All you have to do is mask ping "cl_cmdrate +50" for example and server reads the ping at like 5. Evrn tho players ping may be higher. So i see this a pountless task as wont change affect on server


ping masking does not do anything but change the in game score display, you can easily see what their approx ping is in console status anyway.


+ R.I.P Day of defeat GPforums +


Let me dream of mad relief, making love on the heath, tearing off tights with my teeth.

best 1980s N.Z Speech ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHTziiFVx0

best 90s remake of a 70's song ever

original:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw
remake:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGCmnE8_8yU

without a doubt the worst you tube video ever = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhv7tD8M0qo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:45 am

wranger wrote:
No one ping masks anymore. So it will work. If people ping masked, there would be more 5 pingers on your server. I've only seen about two (if that)

The issue seems to be that your sv_region command is set to 5 (Australia), but the server isn't picking up on it and is currently set to -1 (Global/Any). This is why non-Australians are joining your server. Thats what needs to be fixed.

Exactly. But it terms of needing.a.ping limiter. What will it accomplish? Generally ive never seen it affect server. Just a persons ability to hit or be hit. When all u have to realise is that can vary on a persons rates also.
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:12 am

Nighthawk wrote:
wranger wrote:
No one ping masks anymore. So it will work. If people ping masked, there would be more 5 pingers on your server. I've only seen about two (if that)

The issue seems to be that your sv_region command is set to 5 (Australia), but the server isn't picking up on it and is currently set to -1 (Global/Any). This is why non-Australians are joining your server. Thats what needs to be fixed.

Exactly. But it terms of needing.a.ping limiter. What will it accomplish? Generally ive never seen it affect server. Just a persons ability to hit or be hit. When all u have to realise is that can vary on a persons rates also.

It accomplishes removing foreigners who mistake our server for one overseas? It doesn't affect the server. But like you said, it affects their ability to be hit. The aim of the game is to shoot people. Why have people on the server which can't be hit because of their ping?


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:15 pm

And wouldnt the correct region do that?
Back to top Go down
SnOwY

SnOwY

Posts : 12
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-27

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Nighthawk wrote:
And wouldnt the correct region do that?

No cause you'd still get the outsiders be able to join and they would have over 400 ping

the ping limiter would stop people from america and europe joining the server.... If you limit it correctly to 150 you will still allow people from people from indonesia and new zealand to join. 200 if you want to be more allowing


Ping Limiter on the servers Siggy
Ping Limiter on the servers Snowyfriend
Back to top Go down
Motley



Posts : 139
Points : 208
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-04-19

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:16 pm

I would get kicked daily,when my wife and kids are on the other computers,i'm not in favor of this....


Motz


333 I'm Only Half Evil
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Motley wrote:
I would get kicked daily,when my wife and kids are on the other computers,i'm not in favor of this....


Motz

Ping kickers (EG the one I set up on the unit server) are Admin immune. It also only checks 10 times at the beginnning of the map, if you pass all the checks, it disables.


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:46 am

I still dont understand what problem is. We have americans/europeans who play on the server for realisms and they are fun to play with. And the no 1 rule on the "social" server is fun to play with also. We dont have enough foreigners joining servers to really cause issue. If they dont speak english or understand rules, dont we just remove them like would anyone else who didnt follow rules? Their ability to hit and be hit goes both ways. And it really isnt a big change to adjust. Game is supposed to challenge uand be fun also. If u cant kill someone, dont u find a way too? And as wranger mentioned in another post ping is only 1 aspect in consideration of hitting/being hit. Having the odd foreigner who follows our rules and is social and fun to play with, doesnt that contribute to our community and server stats too?
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

Posts : 143
Points : 197
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-16

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:38 am

If we dont get one I say just get rid of pings from 250 up or something.


Vi Veri Veniversum vivus vici,
By the power of truth I while living have conquered the universe.
Back to top Go down
SnOwY

SnOwY

Posts : 12
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-27

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:10 am

Medicate wrote:
If we dont get one I say just get rid of pings from 250 up or something.

agreed


Ping Limiter on the servers Siggy
Ping Limiter on the servers Snowyfriend
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:18 am

This is just calculations

80+ ping = NZ

150+ ping = Singapore

180+ ping = Japan/China

220+ ping = US

300+ ping = EU

360+ ping = RU

On the UNiT server, it's set to 200 ping threshold. Also, the ping you see on the scoreboard is generally 10-20% less than their actual ping.


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
rockenrolla

rockenrolla

Posts : 212
Points : 293
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 26
Location : Melbourne

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:56 am

There is no need for a Ping Kicker, Sometimes Anzac members themselves have extremely high pings.
If there is someone on the server who is causing a huge problem with their lag it will be dealt with but ping kicked is silly.
Just my 2 cents worth.


Anzac 4ths Multiple Games
Back to top Go down
http://www.anzac.nstars.org
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:03 am

Kicking ppl with 250+ will mean the american players who.come to.join us for realism and follow rules and are respectful would be booted. It doesnt suggest a welcoming nature. If someone is not following rules and isnt fun tobplay with then boot them. But booting cos of a ping(which they have to deal woth as well,) when.they have shown to interest to join our server(which is a good thing) to me just seems petty. Particularly if (due to lack of other realism units in australia) anzacs need to play other units around world.
Back to top Go down
OldFox

OldFox

Posts : 35
Points : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-23
Location : Snowies

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I did vote for a ping kicker, but Nighthawk makes a good point.


Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Nighthawk wrote:
Kicking ppl with 250+ will mean the american players who.come to.join us for realism and follow rules and are respectful would be booted. It doesnt suggest a welcoming nature. If someone is not following rules and isnt fun tobplay with then boot them. But booting cos of a ping(which they have to deal woth as well,) when.they have shown to interest to join our server(which is a good thing) to me just seems petty. Particularly if (due to lack of other realism units in australia) anzacs need to play other units around world.

Americal players are generally less than 250. We had a US player in before with a ping of 180. I dreaded playing with him though because of the bad reg but I dealt with it because he was nice.

Although the original point of the ping kicker was to allow for better reg. Atleast put it on to stop the 12 year old russian fucktards from coming into the server.


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk



Posts : 166
Points : 218
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-20

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:02 pm

wranger wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
Kicking ppl with 250+ will mean the american players who.come to.join us for realism and follow rules and are respectful would be booted. It doesnt suggest a welcoming nature. If someone is not following rules and isnt fun tobplay with then boot them. But booting cos of a ping(which they have to deal woth as well,) when.they have shown to interest to join our server(which is a good thing) to me just seems petty. Particularly if (due to lack of other realism units in australia) anzacs need to play other units around world.

Americal players are generally less than 250. We had a US player in before with a ping of 180. I dreaded playing with him though because of the bad reg but I dealt with it because he was nice.

Although the original point of the ping kicker was to allow for better reg. Atleast put it on to stop the 12 year old russian fucktards from coming into the server.

and changing the region will minimise that too, along with booting the idiots who cant follow rules. been awhile since someone has come in for more then 5 mins from a european country
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

Posts : 63
Points : 84
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-26

Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Nighthawk wrote:
wranger wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
Kicking ppl with 250+ will mean the american players who.come to.join us for realism and follow rules and are respectful would be booted. It doesnt suggest a welcoming nature. If someone is not following rules and isnt fun tobplay with then boot them. But booting cos of a ping(which they have to deal woth as well,) when.they have shown to interest to join our server(which is a good thing) to me just seems petty. Particularly if (due to lack of other realism units in australia) anzacs need to play other units around world.

Americal players are generally less than 250. We had a US player in before with a ping of 180. I dreaded playing with him though because of the bad reg but I dealt with it because he was nice.

Although the original point of the ping kicker was to allow for better reg. Atleast put it on to stop the 12 year old russian fucktards from coming into the server.

and changing the region will minimise that too, along with booting the idiots who cant follow rules. been awhile since someone has come in for more then 5 mins from a european country

If only changing the region was that simple. There is a glitch that keeps resetting your region to -1 instead of 5. And what do you mean been a while, there was 2 guys from asia with 220 ping, a guy from russia with 350 ping and a guy from brazil with 350 ping in the server for a couple of maps in a row earlier today.


Ping Limiter on the servers Rotate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Ping Limiter on the servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Limiter on the servers   Ping Limiter on the servers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Ping Limiter on the servers
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Where are all the servers?
» Deleted servers..
» .de .fr .es .com all servers are down?
» Contract Wars
» PSA: LU servers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANZAC - Realism :: Public Lounge :: News and Current Affairs-
Jump to: