Please enjoy our servers and our forum

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cyberpunk

My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  Empty
PostSubject: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 am

My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  Wanwar10
Back to top Go down
Manta

My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 am

that is what is missing these day a willingness to do anything for Australia

may he rest in peace a true Australian hero
Back to top Go down
cyberpunk

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 am

Thanks manta means alot m8

it is up to us digital anzacs to keep up the traditions of fellowship mateship and of bonding and protecting

he was only 15
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 am

I give my deepest respect to him and his friends that fought for this us and our future. Himself and all other ANZACS make me rpoud to call myself Australian a New Zealander. Thanks mate for today. And as I said my deepest respect.

Vi Veri Veniversum vivus vici,
By the power of truth I while living have conquered the universe.
Back to top Go down
OldFox

OldFox

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for sharing cyber. Makes you proud to know you are descended from brave patriotic folk.
Do you know much of where he served?

My Grandad passed a few weeks ago in England. Was a member of the Shropshire Rifles initially, then the famous Scottish Black Watch Regiment. He was veteran of Dunkirk, Nth Africa and DDay. Said to have guarded Rudolph Hess after the War too.

Not trying to upstage, or compete, just sharing. Interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lord Loki

Lord Loki

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 pm

My great-grandfather's brother lied about his age (he was 15) to join the Army. He got killed when he was 19 years old in WW1. My grandfather (same family) worked on aircraft during WW2. My other grandfather was a Marine whilst they still lived over in the UK. He said he never saw combat, but saw some of the Japanese. To be honest, I'd wondered if he just said that because he didn't like to talk about it, but unfortunately, he's passed on so I can't ask.
Back to top Go down
cyberpunk

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 am

My Grandfather fought in the jungles

he got nearly fatal malaria (sorry cant spell ) and had to be shipped home just as his best mate and medic freind got taken into a POW camp

he died 20+ years later due to an anneurism he was never the same my mother said

he died one year after i was born
i never met or got to know my grandfather but in my eyes he is a hero
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country    My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My GrandFather William Alfred Neville Lied about his age so he could serve his country
Page 1 of 1