ANZAC - Realism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please enjoy our servers and our forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules

Go down 
+17
Sullo
eliptoid
Nighthawk
rockenrolla
wranger
Mezevenf
Hackii
OldFox
AlfieNorks
Rockafella
cyberpunk
Medicate
Lord Conan
HarryHoudini
Motley
Meekster
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk

ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:29 am

if Anzacs have stated that spawn is the drop off point( ie lennon) then that is the case for anzac servers
wad members arent admins on our server. and just as we are expected to follow rules on their server. they are to follow ours. but id say wranger to address indescretions with admins on server. if none seek one of us out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Conan

Lord Conan

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:11 am

In UK we played the rule that you could shoot people on spawn wall but could not camp it so if you are attacking a flag shoot away no nades in spawn n mg or sniper camping etc it worked well.

Here in OZ with the WaD type rules takes a bit more admining as I understand it is as follows

1. No Shooting into or out of spawn
2. No Nading into or out of spawn
4. No setting up MG towards spawn
5. People must land before they can be shot or shoot
6. People must not camp the spawn area

Which rule would you prefer

Regards

LC
Back to top Go down
HarryHoudini

HarryHoudini

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:25 am

Personally............I am a big fan of being able to get out of spawn and then into the fight. Nothing worse than players setting up near or on spawn just to get kills as people jump into the game.. In saying that with some maps it is very hard to judge and I'm always happy to tell people to move on.

Ultimately in my opinion it falls under rule 1

If you as an ANZAC can not get out of spawn to fight that is not fun and diminishes your enjoyment. ....Ask(Voice or type)...Burn...Kick......Ban for 5mins......Thats my method.

So far 98% of people do the right thing

-----Rules are for fools to follow and Wise men to be guided by------------

my 2 cents

Harry
Back to top Go down
http://www.anzacdods.com/
eliptoid

PostSubject: Spawn definition   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:22 am

Maps can be a little more enjoyable when some areas that are inaccessible by opposition team members are still allowed to be shot from... That being said 1,2,3,4 above... will be the first rules I follow/admin about what is considered spawn wall followed by what is enjoyable/reasonable for the map.

Thanks for setting up this great community, it's been rockin!

Back to top Go down
Sullo

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:14 am

Can I jump in here?

WAD have skewed what I would call the "unified rules" of DoD.

To spawn camp is to kill a player when they spawn out of thin air. Valve had the foresight to see that and when they updated DoD:S (that one time), one of the things they implemented was that you could no longer jump and get into the enemy spawn (the invisible walls).

Killing someone as they drop over a spawn wall should not only be fine, but is a legitimate tactic that I for one use constantly. It holds the enemy team off long enough for your team to cap a mid flag, push a little further etc.

If I am running out of the spawn ramp and see someone about to cap a flag or looking at me like they might shoot, I don't give a flying fuck for the rules, I am going to shoot them because thats the way the game is meant to be played.

You want to complain about spawn camping? Try playing a scrim on Anzio with the enemy setting up an MG facing the allied beach and not being able to leave at all, THEN you have something to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:25 am

Is this a pub server or a scrim server only. Pub server is the answer. I agree with meekster it falls out in number 1 "No shooting in or out of spawn."

Sullo most of us know you as a scrim sorta player. I'm sorry this is not a scrim server its the Anzac public social server a pubbing server. And pub rules should be inforced. Not scrim rules. But thanks for putting your world in.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Meekster

Meekster

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

Sullo wrote:

If I am running out of the spawn ramp and see someone about to cap a flag or looking at me like they might shoot, I don't give a flying fuck for the rules, I am going to shoot them because thats the way the game is meant to be played.

Well, I for one can not see you being here long.....

I guess my point is that we like to be able to get into a game, and being shot coming out of spawn is not fun.

So in closing, I would suggest you play elswhere, and I for one will follow the rules and ban you in the instant you break them.

Nuff said..

Meekster
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sullo

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

Meekster wrote:
Sullo wrote:

Well, I for one can not see you being here long.....

I guess my point is that we like to be able to get into a game, and being shot coming out of spawn is not fun.

So in closing, I would suggest you play elswhere, and I for one will follow the rules and ban you in the instant you break them.

Nuff said..

Meekster
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yes yes, and here is the token WAD player. No doubt you're in ANZAC now. Well done. Had you actually been playing the game instead of posting snide useless threats that I have heard from better people than you. You would no doubt notice that I have been a regular here in the last month or so now I don't break your outdated rules. Of all the people I have come across there have been no problems, my post was more informative than anything. "I suggest you play elsewhere". /facepalm. If you're a regular admin, I also doubt I will last long.

Now back to being serious...It's not a matter of being a scrim server or not Medicate (there is no such thing btw). Its a matter of being better at the game. I for one enjoy to play the game, but I like to be good at it. Things like killing people when they drop off a spawn wall forces you to do things you wouldn't normally do and you WILL get better at the game doing it.

All of this being said, as I said before my post was more informative more than anything. Also read all of my posts with light sarcasm, it will help Razz
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:14 am

No need to make this personal from us to you Sullo or the other way round. I like you Sullo enjoy killing people in spawn etc. Yet the difference between you and me is that I save that for scrims. Now with any of these wad remarks, many members are ex wad, two it shouldnt matter if they are or not. and three we hear enough anti wad remarks on the server we dont need the forums filling up with that useless junk too.

And also there are comp server for example the x games servers which are only for scrims therefore are scrim only servers and two there are only pub servers for example anzac social, wad social, and so on.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Motley

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:35 am

I really don't see how someone voicing an opinion wheather it's right or wrong is to be threaten with a ban..

Yes Sullo speaks his mind some i agree with, some i dont,saying that,it doesnt deserve a ban.. We are not always going to agree with what someone has say or they agree with us.

I for one have played a fair bit with sullo on server and he has never been a problem,does he agree with the spawn rule,NO has he broken it NO...

I would like to see players,able to come into our forums and voice there opinion,and then leave without thought of a ban hanging over they're head because they voice an opinion...
I left Wad a long time ago because of this sort of thing,and i dont want to see our forums turning into a free for all..

I for 1 like playing with people like sullo on the server and hope it continues...

Thats my 2 cents

Motz
Back to top Go down
Sullo

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm

I now only read Motley and Conan's posts.

Wise men those two.
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm

I must say, Sullo voices a good opinion. Back in sCr I got banned for a week by AustinPT (The guy's a fuckwit but that's another matter) because apparently I was camping spawn and didn't give him enough "steps" out of spawn before I shot him. Let me draw this up as an example:

ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 Jttqug

I shot him marked X on my way up into allied loft. I saw him walk through the door and into the little room with the crates. He warned me for apparent spawn camping. I then fired a tactical nade from bridge into the loft doorway so that it would land in that same room. It killed him and I got banned. Now, the ban and all that is in the past. My reason for resurrecting it is for explanation purposes.

According to your rules, am I in the right or wrong? Where does an admin draw the line in the sand of where he is allowed to be shot. I hear admins, past and present, yell "Fuck off, I only just hit the ground". Yes, but isnt that your rules? You hit the ground you're free game. Alot of maps, Anzio, Donner, Lennon, Argentan, Palermo, Rails, all have their first flag facing a spawn wall or at a cross street to another location. Am I not allowed to shoot you "Just as you hit the ground" to give my self a better chance at getting the flag or to run past the cross street without being killed by you without being told I'm camping spawn because I didn't let you take those few precious steps out of spawn (When in all honesty, you could have saved yourself alot of time respawning if you got shot on spawn wall instead of 3 seconds later). I'm not saying I don't like the spawn wall rule. I'm saying I don't like the 10 seconds and/or 50m shooting restriction you as admins insist on enforcing when you get shot just as you hit the ground. Remember, in almost every Day of Defeat Source map, there is always more than one way out of spawn which may give you a better advantage than the issue that occured in your previous death.

Also, completely different topic. Please refrain from using the Admin Burn command. Slap, slay, beacon, explode etc; I don't mind. But when an admin burns a player, the horrible sound continues to loop repetitively throughout the map until the map ends or until a player disconnects from the server and rejoins.
Back to top Go down
HarryHoudini

HarryHoudini

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:29 pm

All interesting points

Rule:1
Back to top Go down
http://www.anzacdods.com/
Meekster

Meekster

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Sulllo.

I thought about typing a long and drawn out diatribe.. I have decided that it would be wasted on you since you now only listen to Motley or Conan, so why even bother posting here.

It is as simple as this.

You have posted here that you will break the rules (see section 2) set down by the people that admin the ANZAC server.

Ergo, you have shown me what you are all about. So having said that, Do as you will, you obviously have no care or regard for anyone else other than yourself.

Mots:
I didn't threaten to ban him for an opinion. I said I would ban him if I saw him breaking the rules (Ref: Section 2) on purpose which he himself has stated he would do.

IMHO, I knew it wouldn't take long for the self proclaimed Gods of DOD:s to start their rhetoric again... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Meekster

Back to top Go down
Sullo

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:06 am

I once got 40 kills on one map and wrestled a bear with my bare hands.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy

Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:56 am

Sullo wrote:
I once got 40 kills on one map and wrestled a bear with my bare hands.

lol!
Back to top Go down
NZNidhogg

NZNidhogg

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:06 am

All in all we just try to admin the game for the enjoyment of all player levels as best we can, given that we have some good players, they are just going to have to chillax a bit and follow the rules we lay down so the majority of players can have a fair crack. Sullo is a good player and I enjoy the challenge of playing him and other good players, however we also encourage new players to the game which is why we have some rules regarding spawn that experienced players may not agree with.

I ask that even though you want to win, you experienced players, let the newbies have their glory by capping out if you are on the spawn wall and could shoot, but can't because of the rule. That way we build our player levels up and can play the game that much longer Smile

I... like Meekster... will say that if I find players breaking rules just because they think they are silly, I will kick/ban players, because it is in our rules and not because I want to. Lets all remember rule no:1 Play to enjoy the game Smile

Remember this... if your team loses a round, it doesn't say anything about who you are, it is how you play that defines your character Smile

Have fun everyone and keep up the great spirit we have here... and thank you Sullo for your input Smile

Last edited by NZNidhogg on Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes :()
Back to top Go down
Lord Conan

Lord Conan

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:20 am

Well this has made for an interesting read

Remember folks this a public forums that s there for people to voice opinions.

I have played in both type of Dods:s in uk and Oz, in uk we play as Sullo has mentioned you can shot into spawn and out but not camp it.

I think here in Oz alot of people are used to the WaD rules of not shooting into or out of spawn.

Myelf I am not really bothered either way myself I go on DoDs public to have a laugh dominate Sullo and try to improve my dods skill, the practice i put in then is used in the scims where spawn shooting is permitted.

I believe this eill be brought up Sullo at the next Board meeting along with Friendly Fire whether we need it etc.

I encoutage people to voice the feelings here soemtimes we will agree sometimes we will not the is the nature of life, but to me the main thing is that we have fun on the servers and I have to say we do lol.

Regards

LC just woken up from night shift

Back to top Go down
Meekster

Meekster

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:00 am

Ok, before this really gets off track, let me make one thing crystal clear:

I am not against people having opinions!!!!

I think everyone has the right to free speech... Having said that, I once again quote Sullo himself, "I don't give a flying fuck for the rules, I am going to shoot them because thats the way the game is meant to be played."

This is not an opinion, this ito me reads as a statement of fact.

I'm done with it......

Meekster
Back to top Go down
Sullo

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:16 am

Lord Conan wrote:
Well this has made for an interesting read

Remember folks this a public forums that s there for people to voice opinions.

I have played in both type of Dods:s in uk and Oz, in uk we play as Sullo has mentioned you can shot into spawn and out but not camp it.

I think here in Oz alot of people are used to the WaD rules of not shooting into or out of spawn.

Myelf I am not really bothered either way myself I go on DoDs public to have a laugh dominate Sullo and try to improve my dods skill, the practice i put in then is used in the scims where spawn shooting is permitted.

I believe this eill be brought up Sullo at the next Board meeting along with Friendly Fire whether we need it etc.

I encoutage people to voice the feelings here soemtimes we will agree sometimes we will not the is the nature of life, but to me the main thing is that we have fun on the servers and I have to say we do lol.

Regards

LC just woken up from night shift

Good work LC. I totally agreee with you about the WAD thing, unfortunately they have ruined a great many things (I could elaborate but I won't). Please consider my points at your meeting. Changing the rule will only enhance game play IMO. Also as far as Friendly Fire goes, FF is fine. Only once in a while you will get a tard that will TK on purpose but even then I don't find it to be a problem. I rage more than anyone at getting TK'd but thats just the way it goes.
Back to top Go down
Mezevenf

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:17 am

Just my 2c, allowing people to shoot into/out of spawn will also create a lot less admining required to keep people in line. Just making sure people don't camp it (possible nade it?) would be enough.

No one likes spawn camping, and like Sullo I have been in the same Anzio position and its retarded, and before they adjusted friendly player clipping non TK servers would get spastics just standing in the way of spawn and not letting anyone out.

Either way you choose to go, please make it as clear cut as possible. The invisible wall rule is really stupid because its not something you can easily see/discover, and only people who know the maps *very* well know where they are. Not to mention Strand's entire beach is inaccessible but somehow that's ok on WaD.
Back to top Go down
Medicate

Medicate

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:00 am

Just want to point I was never having a go at anyone. Sullo if you ever took offence my bad. Like you voicing my opinion. And like motley i'm glad seeing a player expressing his opinion on the forums, and I thank you for that.

Cheers for understanding and thanks for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:47 am

The more opinions expressed from public players, the better understanding you will get from the majority of the users you have playing on your servers. I must say, it's good to see a debate with strong arguments at both ends, without anyone getting scalded for having an opinion.

Kudo's to you, ANZAC's
Back to top Go down
Meekster

Meekster

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:01 am

Lord Conan wrote:
In UK we played the rule that you could shoot people on spawn wall but could not camp it so if you are attacking a flag shoot away no nades in spawn n mg or sniper camping etc it worked well.

In some ways Conan in light of recent events, (throwing Sullo a bone here) Wink I think you said it there... I think we as the board need to get together and make a fair call...

I for one would think that this might be an option for us to look at...

Cheers,
Meekster
cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
wranger

wranger

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:09 am

I think it is something atleast worth trialing. 90% of maps, you spawn a fair distant away from the spawn wall itself or even completely behind a wall (Anzio, Lennon/Strasbourg for example) so spawn wall is actually quite close to being a gameplay co-ordinate. I still think that you shouldn't be able to camp ON the spawn wall because then MG's and Snipers which would be highly difficult to kill without nades (which have the possibility of going in spawn) and then they could go back off the wall, back into spawn and switch weapons to refresh their health. What I'm getting at is reflex shots to save flags, etc; should be allowed to increase the flow of the game and inturn produce more efficient adminning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules   ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANZAC DoD:S Server Rules
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next